Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 1: Not AS Bad As I Expected

Okay so my first thought about day one, is not that bad. I'm not dying of starvation nor was the workout killing. Here's the breakdown:

I started with 20 reps for the muscular structure. That seemed really low, at least for me, since I've been tracying for quite some time now, but she advises just that, so who am I to mess with the method?? I really tried to focus on the cross-vectors while doing the moves. So much that it took me an hour and twenty minutes to do the muscular structure. My bad. . . . But honestly didn't feel like it. Maybe I will in a day or two. Anyone else have experience with this?

Cardio was refreshing since you don't have to learn any new moves. Thank goodness for that! Though I miss those routines. Ah well, ces't la vie. I did both sequences twice, 40 minutes. I'll bump up to 60 in two more days, as Tracy advises.

Food, which is really why I'm where I'm at right now. Breakfast was DElic! Though I didn't even get to eat it until noon. I'll take any excuse to buy strawberries in the dead of winter. I really thought I wouldn't even want the agave syrup on it, but that actually turned out to be really good. Can I please have this for breakfast every morning Trac?? Though I must digress, one cup is not exactly the most filling breakfast. I could have supplemented it with some scrabbled eggs, bagel, muffin, something. But no the point of Tracy's 30-Day Method is to woop us into teeny tiny, fabulous, I-will-be-thankful-later bodies. So one cup. Grr.


Lunch was also delic. The steamed spinach and kale was soososo yummy! My problem with this meal, and latter ones to come, is why do the recipes have a make portions larger than we are directed to eat? I'm already spending enough mulah on this diet, I don't really need to spend extra for kicks and giggles. Nor do I need to cook extra food only to taunt myself with how I can eat it. Not nice, not nice at all.



Which brings me to the snack. Holy cow, that pudding is so yummy. Thank you thank you! Of course it makes two servings as well. Which at first I wanted to curse Tracy's name for doing that, but it turns out four ounces was. . . simply perfect. I guess you know what you're doing afterall Trac. . . .


Dinner was a little too lemony for me. I actually rinsed my final four asparagus off. Don't worry, I will drink the lemon back in my water. I couldn't finish all the fish, and now I'm really hungry. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I can't eat so much of one thing. Makes me kinda sick. So I was full of fish and asparagus, I could've really gone for a roll and butter. Mmmm, I want bread. I'd even drop the butter part to have an everything bagel. Hey a girl has got to have her carbs for energy to workout. I know I know, that is where all the veggies come in. But seriously, one month without bread, grrr I say. I would just have one bagel Tracy, just one.



Though that just one is of course why I am here right now. It is never just one. If I made it just one in the first place, I could have just one right now. But just one turns into three toasted bagels, WITH the butter, and two cupcakes. I fully believe in the 80/20 rule, but clearly don't actually follow it. I stay away from greasy fried foods like the plague, but I see a cute sprinkled vanilla vanilla cupcake and have NO problem with it. They should make cupcakes look ugly, like fried chicken. That, or better yet, I should have self control, and see a treat as a treat, and not go at them as if they are going out of stock.

Which brings me to my final thought tonight. It's only a bagel. Or it's only a crispy-outside-chewy-inside chocolate chip cookie. Yeah I've been wanting one of those too today. And I'm not that hungry. When I don't allow myself to brood over it, I'm really fine. At least on day one, we'll see how day two goes.

2 comments:

  1. Don't eat the bagel!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put down the naughty nibbles, you can resist it! MS always takes me forever, you are NOT alone sista...Keep up the good work, it's gonna be SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete